Salesforce 1 Signals Support For Digital Business at #DF13
Internet of Things
Internet of Customer
- The Internet of Things (or IoT for short) refers to uniquely identifiable objects and their virtual representations in an internet-like structure.
- For example, GE
(General Electric) added sensor to its engines and wrote an app that
tracks those engines. Info about those engines can be included in the
Salesforce 1 app used by GE's employees.
- Salesforce.com's Marc Benioff thinks he has a better way to look at IoT.
- It's not about the things, it's about the people that buy them. He's introduced a new term, the “Internet of Customer”.
So after these two terminologies are understood, it's time to understand what is Salesforce 1.
Salesforce 1 :
- Salesforce1 is a mobile app development platform for everyone.
- It allows incredible freedom for ISVs (Independent Software Vendors), developers, administrators, and every user to innovate.
- The Salesforce1 Platform brings together Force.com, Heroku, and ExactTarget Fuel into one incredibly powerful family of social, mobile, and cloud services—all built API first.
Salesforce 1 includes :-
- Platform Services
- Platform API’s
- APPs created from platform
Updated Areas :-
- Updates in Heroku i.e. Heroku1
- Sales Cloud
- Service Cloud
- ExactTarget’ Marketing Cloud
- Platform (Customer Platform)
- App Exchange
- Social Data
- The ability to share, follow, collaborate, and take business actions directly on data within Salesforce1 is at the core of the platform.
- Declarative and Programmatic Development
- Intuitive drag-and-drop tools for storing and working with data, defining cloud-based logic with workflows, creating approval processes and formulas, and creating mobile-ready apps.
- Action-Based App Model
- Administrators can define default values for actions to streamline apps down to the click of a mouse or swipe of the finger.
- Connect to Everything with Open APIs
- Salesforce provides the connectivity and flexibility to create apps that connect to everything using efficient and scalable APIs that perform over 1.3 billion transactions a day.
- Trusted Identity
- The ability to have a single, simple identity to span over on-premises systems, internal processes, cloud providers, social networks, and mobile devices.
Following picture will describe what is the new platform for customer.
New Mobile Apps from Salesforce 1 :
Salesforce is providing 16 new apps from partners as follows
- TAS groups
Which will allow them to Change following things from their mobile device.
- User Updates
This is brief idea about Salesforce 1. You can explore more by vising this link : http://www.salesforce.com/in/
Hope you enjoyed this blog about Salesforce 1.